Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Self Portrait

So this was our self portrait assignment. This is a textured finger painting with unreal colors of my face. This was a particularly difficult assignment for me, I got very frustrated with it multiple times. Part of the project was to use a medium, which tints the colors underneath it with whatever color you mix with your medium. The thing is, I had a awesome skin color going on but ended up tinting it yellow because we were supposed to change the colors up. Lets just say the yellow looked really busy with the purple hair and I ended up repainting it. However I didn't learn my lesson because to try to enhance the picture I added a purple tint to parts of the face. Completely hated it, painted over the face AGAIN. But then a classmate convinced me to try the purple tint again...painted over face again. So this assignment was a pain in the butt...but at least the finger painting part was fun!
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment